Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Two weeks...

As of now, the countdown to my Argentina adventure is two short weeks. I am busy running around tying up loose ends and trying to do a little language study before I leave. I am also trying to do more research so I can make the most of my month long trip. I am sure I will feel unprepared until the moment I board the plane.

A little bit of background:
The whole thing is pretty unbelievable. In Jan. of this year I began talking with Park's study abroad coordinator about traveling to a Spanish speaking country. After some research and some speculation about the cost of each trip, I chose Argentina. It seemed like it would be fun! A couple months later I wrote in on a scholarship that would make this idea a reality. I think I cried when I was notified that I received the scholarship money. Now, I can hardly believe it is so close; and that it is really happening!

I am hoping everything goes well and I am one (or two!) steps closer to being able to easily communicate in Spanish.

Wish me luck as I accomplish all the little tasks I have before the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment